I am reading through the Bible in one year. Right now I am in Leviticus which is described on One Year Bible Blog as the "liver and onions" of the Bible--liver and onions is good for you but most people don't like it. Thus the description seemed appropriate to me. I am trying to figure out what parts of Leviticus are "good for me." Leviticus is difficult for me to read and even more difficult to find applications for my daily life. It sometimes bothers me that although I try to live a life in keeping with biblical principles, I totally ignore most of the rules in Leviticus. I think most Christians ignore the rules in Leviticus. I wonder when it became acceptable to eat barbeque pork sandwiches and to touch dead animals without going through an unclean period until sundown. I will get through Leviticus and trust that someday I will understand the parts that are "dim" to me now.
No comments:
Post a Comment