Sunday, February 15, 2009

Baa Baa Do Baa Baa

Jack, my three year old grandson, is a huge fan of Colin Buchanan, an Australian Christian singer. One of the songs on Jack's CD goes, "We all like sheep have gone astray, baa, baa, do, baa baa." This morning as I was reading my Bible selection for the day, Exodus 39-40 I was reminded that this going astray is not a new thing. The people of Israel had just finished going astray while Moses was up on the mountain. In today's chapters they had turned over a new leaf, and they were doing things "as God commanded." I was amazed at how many times this phrase was repeated. As I read, I was not particularly interested in the ark or the priestly garments, but I was struck by the fact that I need to do things "as God commanded." Because "I like sheep have gone astray, Baa baa do baa baa!"

1 comment:

Mrs. Thumb Up said...

I will tell Jack that you thought of one of his songs. I am sure he will be very pleased.