Wednesday, August 6, 2008
It's Hard to Be a Hang-Loose Person in a World of Nitpickers
I call myself a hang-loose person, but that might just be a euphemism for unorganized,poor with numbers, and forgetful. My third child who is a CPA and very into details just informed me that my profile had me listed as a mother for thirty-four years. She found this hard to believe since her older sister is thirty-six. My daughter-in-law, Natalie, immediately jumped in with this comment "I knew it! As an outsider, I always thought Lauren, (the thirty-six year old), was just too good to be true. I mean, she is smart and funny and so personable. Where could she have gotten all that from? Other people's genes of course! I mean she is really just in a different league than the other family members. She was adopted. I knew it...I knew it. " Thanks Natalie for trying to make what I had written the truth. However, I immediately went to my blog profile and my daughter aged two years. Lauren, formerly listed as 34, is now 36. She should be glad that I didn't wait several years to write the blog. No one who is thirty-eight wants to become forty in the blink of an eye---or with the click of a mouse. I have never been good with numbers or remembering details. However, pleasing people is high on my list----thus the corrections. At least I know someone is reading my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You get my auditor approval now. Love, Erin
Julie:
I'm glad to see from the title of the post your teachable spirit. Don't worry -- while you're here, Erin can teach you the ropes as an experienced blogger.
Love,
Charles
Post a Comment