Saturday, July 19, 2008

Did you mean?

I just finished completing a book order at my favorite on-line book store. Just before I placed my order I visited with a friend who asked me to order her two books. One of the books was titled For This Child I Pray. When I searched for the book I received a "did you mean" response. I remember how we laughed a few years ago when someone discovered that if you google "French military victories" you get the response "Did you mean French military defeats?" I didn't even chuckle when I searched "For This Child I Pray" and got the response, "Did you mean For This Child I Play?" It struck me as odd that I would be more likely to find a book entitled "For This Child I Play" than it would to find a book entitled "For This Child I Pray." It would seem to me that although playing with your child is very important, praying for your child is way more important.

No comments: