Tonight we decided to cook salmon burgers on the outdoor grill. A very large spider had previously laid claim to the deck by building a very intricate web stretching from flower pot to flower pot to roof of house and back to deck railings. The spider was busily repairing a hole in the web. She was hungry; we were hungry. However, we saw no reason that both of us couldn't be fed. Carefully we edged our way to the grill, not destroying even one filament of the spiders work of art. I don't know if she appreciated our effort, but we felt better that she is still able to live in the web that she had constructed. After all she may be Charlotte. If I go out tomorrow and she has crocheted words into the web---wow~!
Is there anyone out there who actually uses every single button on the remote control? Is there anyone out there who actually knows what all those oddly labeled buttons are for? Are the remote control engineers just trying to show off? Because there are so many buttons and the remote is so small, the lettering is microscopic definitely a problem for many people. I would love to have a remote that has a button for on/off, a button for forward and rewind, a button to change channels and a mute button. That's four buttons----plenty for me, thank you very much.
What would happen if a presidential candidate stood up before the camera and said, "My name is ----------- and I want very much to be your president. If you elect me here are the things I would do----------. My mother taught me that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. I know my opponent is saying bad things about me. I refuse to play that game so I will be saying nothing about him/her. I will leave it up to you to discern the truth or falsehood of what my opponent is saying about me. Thank you very much." (If candidates would behave like my imaginary candidate, I wouldn't have to use my complicated remote to switch channels to avoid all the negative campaign ads for one thing.)
Random thoughts are good----sometimes they are referred to as venting.
No comments:
Post a Comment