Friday, April 17, 2009

Canine Courage

I recently heard a news clip about a lady who while at work felt the need to check her web camera at home. She was shocked to find that robbers were in her house eating her food, stealing her valuables and playing with her video games. Ofcourse she called the police and the robbers were immediately caught. Because of her web camera she lost nothing. A few days later she was interviewed on the morning news. The interviewer asked her about her three dogs--Where were they during the robbery? Were they hurt in any way? The lady replied that her dogs were fine because they hid the minute the robbers entered the house. As I was listening to this news, I thought of my own dog. We have long known that she is not a watch dog. She does not bark when someone enters the house unless there is another person already in the house with her to protect her. As I was thinking of this, she proved my point by jumping up to the window to survey her territory. Woe unto her---there was a strange dog in the yard--in HER yard---she felt compelled to bark---but softly and politely. See the video to hear how politely Miss Scarlett barks. She would be terrified if the trespassing dog heard her even with the glass window there for protection. Polite barking is her forte.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That's so funny. What's even funnier is that while I was watching this Doc started barking wildly and loudly at Scarlett's little barks. He was racing around me in circles trying to figure out where that dog was! I wonder if he recognized her bark?

:) Lauren

the abbott clan said...

Very Funny! I think that if I were a dog, I would be equally polite.